What is Speech and Language Therapy?
Therapy is delivered in lots of different ways:
- Carrying out tests to look at your communication skills, through one-to-one activities, observation in the classroom (if needed), and talking to you and the important people in your life
- Providing advice to you, your family and school staff
- Setting targets with you, discussing how to work towards these targets, then helping you to reflect on your progress
- Showing you (and school staff/your family) activities you can do to develop your communication skills – you then need to practice between sessions!
- Individual or group sessions to work on specific communication skills in some cases
- Providing training to families and schools
We are always looking for feedback from children and young people about the way we work with you.
If you would like to talk to us about your experiences of Speech and Language therapy (we provide snacks, drinks and gift vouchers to thank you for your time!) please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .