Early Years Complex Needs Team
Our team of specialist Speech and Language Therapists works with children aged from 0- 5 years with complex health and communication needs. We support children’s development of communication skills using spoken language, signing, symbols, and a range of other communication methods.
We assess and support children within Early Years settings and their homes.
We work with children with different types of complex medical needs including:
- Physical/Motor impairment
- Visual impairment
- Neurological impairment (e.g. epilepsy)
- Degenerative medical conditions
- Chronic health needs
- Acquired disorders (following head injury, stroke etc)
- Social Communication Difficulties or Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Learning difficulties/global delay, including profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Genetic diseases (such as tubular sclerosis)
- Significant additional or alternative communication needs (communication book/ switches/ communication aid)
Within all settings we work within a multi disciplinary team including staff in Early Years Settings, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Paediatricians, and any other professionals that may be involved with the child.